Home destroyed by flames in Surprise - MyFoxAustin.com | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

Home destroyed by flames in Surprise

Posted: Updated:
Investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a garage fire in Surprise that ended up engulfing an entire home on Tuesday night.

It happened around 9 p.m. near 163rd Avenue and Jomax.

Viewer David Puls caught massive flames coming from the home on his cell phone.

Firefighters don't know how the flames started, but the home is being considered a total loss.

Neighbors say they heard at least two loud explosions before they spotted flames coming from the garage. At some point, the garage door flew off and landed in the street.

"My wife and I were in [our] house and I heard a loud explosion and I ran out into the backyard and I saw the smoke and I told her to call 911," said J.J. Jaramillo. "We went to the front door and started shouting if anybody was in the house. I went to the kitchen and through the house to see if anybody was in there. By then, I heard my wife yelling to get out. Everybody was safe."

The homeowners were down the street when the fire broke out. No one was hurt.
Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices