Six Taken to Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Leak - | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

Six Taken to Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Posted: Updated:

Six people are recovering after a carbon monoxide leak in their East Austin home.  Emergency crews were called out to the 4500 block of Little Hill Circle around 7:45 a.m. Sunday.  When paramedics arrived at least one person had lost consciousness.  All six people inside were taken to the hospital.  Officials say they were exposed to ten times the normal amount of carbon monoxide.  Investigators believe recent work to the roof of the home is to blame for the leak.

"We highly recommend anybody get a carbon monoxide detector," said one paramedic on the scene.  "They are the same size as a fire detector some fire detectors come with them built in and it will give the early warning they need to evacuate and call 911."

Powered by WorldNow

119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices