Giant George, The World’s Tallest Dog, Has Died

Giant George, The World’s Tallest Dog, Has Died

Posted: Updated:
Photo from Giant George's Facebook page Photo from Giant George's Facebook page

Giant George, the blue Great Dane, was 7-foot, 3-inches tall, died last Thursday in Tucson, Arizona, with his loyal owners Dave and Christie Nasser by his side. He was 7 years old, one month away from his eighth birthday.

Announcing his death of Facebook, David and Christie Nasser wrote: ‘It is with a heavy heart that we announce Giant George died last night.

George had gained notoriety after appearing on several talk shows and having a book based on him released. You can see some his media appearances on the Giant George website in his honor.

The giant dog has already received hundreds of tributes from his fans on his Giant George Facebook page since his death last week on October 17th.

The family will be honoring his spirit by continuing the charitable works fronted by George.

  • Share ThisMore>>

  • Anaheim's Wonderful WonderCon

    Anaheim's Wonderful WonderCon

    Saturday, April 19 2014 9:01 PM EDT2014-04-20 01:01:06 GMT
    It's Easter weekend and while some may be spending their time at Mass, there is a group of passionate people showing up in mass to celebrate their favorite superheroes at the Anaheim WondeCon.
    It's Easter weekend and while some may be spending their time at Mass, there is a group of passionate people showing up in mass to celebrate their favorite superheroes at the Anaheim WondeCon.
  • Kidnapping "Prank" Goes Bad, Parents Not Amused

    Kidnapping "Prank" Goes Bad, Parents Not Amused

    Friday, April 18 2014 1:58 PM EDT2014-04-18 17:58:38 GMT
    Twins brothers with a YouTube channel filled with their pranks say they weren't trying to make a joke. Serious intentions or not, a park full of parents were not amused by their latest stunt. This video is a must-see!
    Twins brothers with a YouTube channel filled with their pranks say they weren't trying to make a joke. Serious intentions or not, a park full of parents were not amused by their latest stunt. This video is a must-see!
  • Griffith Park Mountain Lion Found Sick, Possibly Poisoned

    Griffith Park Mountain Lion Found Sick, Possibly Poisoned

    Thursday, April 17 2014 3:26 PM EDT2014-04-17 19:26:14 GMT
    Rat poison may be responsible for the sorry condition of a wild mountain lion in LA's Griffith Park. The mountain lion is known to the National Park Service as ‘P-22'.
    Rat poison may be responsible for the sorry condition of a wild mountain lion in LA's Griffith Park. The mountain lion is known to the National Park Service as ‘P-22'.
Powered by WorldNow

KTBC FOX 7
119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices