Chef Kevin Quinn, from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, made homemade donuts for us in the Good Day kitchen this morning.
Recipe: Pumpkin Spiced Doughnut
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C Granulated sugar
- ½ C Light brown sugar
- 2 T Vegetable oil
- ½ C Buttermilk
- 1 C Pumpkin puree (cooked, or canned)
- 4 C All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- ½ t Baking soda
- 1 t Nutmeg
- ½ t Cinnamon
- ½ t Ginger
- In a mixer, beat eggs and sugar until well combined.
Mix together vegetable oil, buttermilk and pumpkin, beat into egg
Sift dry ingredients together and add to liquid mixture.
Place in the fridge for at least one hour, up to one day.
- Turn out on a floured work surface and roll out to ¾ inch
thickness and cut out using doughnut cutter.
- Carefully place into a 375 degree
deep fat fryer.
When doughnuts rise to the surface, turn them over and cook until
- Drain doughnuts on paper towels.
At this point, you can glaze and add toppings or roll in sugar.