Fire at Nanking Restaurant ruled accidental - MyFoxAustin.com | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

Fire at Nanking Restaurant ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:

Austin fire officials have ruled an overnight fire at a northwest Austin restaurant accidental.

It happened just before midnight at the Nanking Restaurant off Highway 183 and Anderson Mill.

The blaze apparently started on a stove in the kitchen and spread through a ventilation system that connects to the roof.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the restaurant, but two adjacent businesses still suffered smoke damage.

Luckily no one was injured but the fire did leave behind $50,000 worth of damage.

Powered by WorldNow

KTBC FOX 7
119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices