Six people were out of their homes in East Austin Tuesday morning after an overnight fire destroyed two duplexes.
The fire just before 1:00 a.m. in the 6300 block of Vioitha Drive, near Manor Road, according to authorities. When Austin firefighters arrived on the scene, they found a duplex and a carport fully engulfed in flames.
No people were injured, but a dog was seriously hurt.
Authorities believe that a generator that was too close to some combustible items caused the fire. The two duplexes are a complete loss.