Excessive heat and direct sunlight may be to blame for a fire that started in a trash can Sunday morning.
It happened around 11 a.m. on Orleans Court in South Austin.
An unsuspecting family was sitting at home when they noticed a fire had started in their backyard in a garbage can.
They quickly called 911, but the fire spread to parts of the home and even the attic before firefighters could arrive.
No one was injured.
KTBC FOX 7119 East 10th StreetAustin, TX 78701Phone: (512) 476-7777Fax: (512) 495-7001