Up to 30 Chaparral High School students were sickened after consuming brownies laced with pot on Friday.
A classmate said the kids became very pale after eating them -- and one student ran out of the class and threw up.
Scottsdale Police said a 16-year-old male student had sold marijuana brownies to 11 students, only 7 of those he knew personally. He admitted to bringing brownies and cookies to school containing marijuana.
"They were like, going pale and just needed water and they were getting runner's cough... their mouths were going white and stuff," said student Hayley Waronker.
The Chaparral students we spoke to told us the brownies contained both marijuana and spice, although police did not confirm that. Spice is synthetic marijuana, not detected in standard drug tests.
The Scottsdale Fire Department confirmed that paramedics responded to Chaparral High School about 1 p.m. A 15-year-old male was hospitalized for "possible alcohol poisoning," they said.
Scottsdale Police contacted the parents of the children who purchased the pot brownies. The suspect was booked on multiple marijuana-related charges.
The Scottsdale Unified School District refused to comment, referring to the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act.