S Austin couple alerted to house fire by barking dogs - MyFoxAustin.com | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

S Austin couple alerted to house fire by barking dogs

Posted: Updated:

Austin firefighters extinguished a house fire that started early Wednesday morning on Kandy Drive in a south Austin.

According to the fire department, the fire started at around 3:25 a.m. in a shed located behind the home. There were no smoke alarms in the shed. The fire quickly spread to the home, causing major damage. AFD firefighters say the homeowners were alerted to the fire by the barking of their dogs. The two residents made it out of the home safely.

A neighboring home sustained some smoke damage, but fire fighters were able to contain the blaze before it spread.

Fire crews stayed on the scene for a few more hours to make sure the flames did not start up again. AFD says the fire appeared to be accidental and was probably ignited because of an electrical issue.

Powered by WorldNow

119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices