Hunt on for group of violent subway robbers - MyFoxAustin.com | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

Hunt on for group of violent subway robbers

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Police are asking for the public's help in solving a series of violent Bronx subway robberies.

The criminals operate in groups of three to eight.

Three incidents have occurred at the D line station, at the Grand Concourse and East 175 Street.

The suspects punched the victims while robbing them. One woman was choked and pushed down the stairs.

In the first incident on December 26, 20112, the 37-year-old, male victim swiped his MetroCard when one of the suspects approached him from behind and placed him in a choke hold. Two other suspect punched him in the face and went through his pockets, according to police.

His phone and cash were stolen.

On January 10, 2013, a 32-year-old man was punched in the face and was robbed.

In the third incident on January 19, 2013, a 23-year-old woman was approached by seven males.  One of the men stole her phone and then punched her in the face. The victim tried to hold the suspect who choked her and pushed her down the stairs.  Police did not release information about the woman's injuries.

Two sketches of the suspects were released on Wednesday.

One suspect is described as Black, approximately 17-20 years old, 5'9"-5'10", 160 lbs., and was wearing a blue denim jacket with a horse shoe emblem (True Religion), red wool ski hat also with a horse shoe emblem in blue stitching (True Religion) and loose fitting blue jeans.

The other suspect is described as Hispanic, approximately 20-25 years old, 5'9"-6', medium build, and was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, and a dark stripped shirt. The suspect also had a very light beard.

Anyone with information about the suspects is encouraged to contact the NYPD Crime Stoppers:

www.nypdcrimestoppers.com

Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477)

Text your tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577

  • TrafficMore>>

  • Montclair-Boonton trains face delays

    Montclair-Boonton trains face delays

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 6:20 AM EDT2014-08-20 10:20:21 GMT
    Workers continue making repairs after a New Jersey Transit train derailed on the Montclair-Boonton line.
    Workers continue making repairs after a New Jersey Transit train derailed on the Montclair-Boonton line. NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder says passengers on that line are facing delays of up to 20 minutes in both directions on Wednesday because the railroad can only use one track. The train derailed between the Bay Street and Walnut Street stations in Montclair on Tuesday afternoon. No one was injury and passengers were safely transferred from the train.
  • 3 dead

    Fatal crash in Freehold

    Fatal crash in Freehold

    Tuesday, August 19 2014 6:49 PM EDT2014-08-19 22:49:36 GMT
    A three-vehicle crash killed three people and critically hurt a fourth person in Freehold Township, New Jersey, Tuesday afternoon, authorities said. The crash happened on the Kosloski Road overpass at Route 33 Business at about 3:45 p.m., according to the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office.
    A three-vehicle crash killed three people and critically hurt a fourth person in Freehold Township, New Jersey, Tuesday afternoon, authorities said. The crash happened on the Kosloski Road overpass at Route 33 Business at about 3:45 p.m., according to the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office.
  • De Blasio not reimbursing city

    De Blasio not reimbursing city

    Tuesday, August 19 2014 2:37 PM EDT2014-08-19 18:37:49 GMT
    Mayor Bill de Blasio won't be reimbursing the city for personal travels that involve his security detail. "We have followed the conflict of interest board guidelines. I am following their guidelines to the letter," said de Blasio. The mayor has been heavily criticized for not paying the city back for travel expenses. Attention around the issue started last week when de Blasio was spotted not paying for a subway ride to Barclays Center while on official business.
    Mayor Bill de Blasio won't be reimbursing the city for personal travels that involve his security detail. "We have followed the conflict of interest board guidelines. I am following their guidelines to the letter," said de Blasio. The mayor has been heavily criticized for not paying the city back for travel expenses. Attention around the issue started last week when de Blasio was spotted not paying for a subway ride to Barclays Center while on official business.
Powered by WorldNow

KTBC FOX 7
119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices