Mobile home catches fire, owners woken up by dog - MyFoxAustin.com | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

Mobile home catches fire, owners woken up by dog

Posted: Updated:
GOODYEAR, Ariz. -

A mobile home near McDowell and Citrus Roads has been declared a total loss after it caught fire on Wednesday morning.

The people in the home were woken up by their dog and buzzing smoke alarms. The family used a broke out through a window and were all able to get out of the home unharmed.

Firefighters say the fire started in the center of the mobile home, in the bedroom. They also say the fire alarms were working.

According to firefighters, the home is a total loss. The Red Cross will help the family find a place to stay and recover from the fire.

Investigators are still working to find out how the fire started.

Powered by WorldNow

KTBC FOX 7
119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices