2 safe after fire blazes in Scottsdale home

2 safe after fire blazes in Scottsdale home

Posted: Updated:
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -

Two people are safe after their home near 96th Street and Thunderbird Road caught on fire Tuesday night.

Firefighters say two residents were sleeping inside the house when they were woken up by smoke detectors.

They got out of the house safely and called 911.

The fire started in the garage and spread to a pair of bedrooms directly above it.

But, crews managed to keep the flames from doing any more damage.

"Our firefighters did an awesome job stopping this from being a total loss. It appears most of the loss is in the garage portion of the house," said Adam Hoster, with Scottsdale Fire Department.

The residents will be displaced for the time being, but it appears most of the house was saved.

Firefighters do not know what started the fire.

 

Powered by WorldNow

KTBC FOX 7
119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices