Man Suffers Burns To 80 Percent Of Body In Bucks Co. Fire - MyFoxAustin.com | KTBC Fox 7 | News, Weather, Sports

Man Suffers Burns To 80 Percent Of Body In Bucks Co. Fire

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters stand outside of the Adams Carpet store in Bensalem Thursday night. Firefighters stand outside of the Adams Carpet store in Bensalem Thursday night.
BENSALEM, Pa. -

Firefighters say an electrician suffered burns to 80 percent of his body after an electrical explosion sparked a fire inside of a Bucks County business Thursday night.

The fire sparked inside of the Adams Carpet Store on the 2000 block of Street Road in Bensalem just before 5 p.m.

Investigators say the man was working on an electrical panel box inside of the business when the explosion occurred.

Firefighters say the electrician was "engulfed" in flames when he ran towards the front of the store where some carpet caught on fire.

The man was flown to Temple Burn Center and is considered to be in extremely critical condition.

An employee who tried to help the victim suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and arms.

Firefighters say the fire is under control.

Stay with myfoxphilly.com and FOX 29 News for updates.

Powered by WorldNow

KTBC FOX 7
119 East 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Phone: (512) 476-7777
Fax: (512) 495-7001

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices