Manor firefighters were on the scene of a gas explosion that rocked the homes nearby and sent two gas workers to the hospital.
According to the fire department, they were called out to the area about 20 minutes before the explosion for a smell of gas. They did not locate the source.
Firefighters say the owners of that grey home on Briar Creek Loop were working on their gas line and severed it. They called the gas company: Texas Community Propane. Around 2 p.m. two workers arrived and something caused an explosion. The workers suffered first and second degree burns on their faces. They were taken to Brackenridge hospital.
Neighbors say this was a big explosion.
"I was inside sleeping and I heard a really loud explosion. I actually felt it around the house too. And I walked outside because I was scared it was something around my house and I saw a lot of smoke coming from the house and I see the guy walking out and his shirt was ripped to shreds," said Carlos Canales, a neighbor.
The gas line has been sealed but around 4 p.m. the Fire Department shut off the main gas line to secure the line. About 30 homes will be without gas for several hours.