Chef Alex Lopez, Faculty Instructor at the Natural Epicurean, stopped by Good Day to talk about eating green and how to be sustainable. Lopez whipped up a vegan salad dressing using radish greens for us to try.
Recipe: Go Green Goddess Dressing
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 large Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup packed radish greens, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked in ½ cup filtered water
- 3 green onions, chopped (use both green and white part)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the cashews in the water for at least 30 minutes to soften the nuts.
- Remove the greens from the radishes. Wash the greens well and dry.
- Strip the tender leaves from the stems of the radish greens. Chop the leaves.
- In a food processor combine the avocado, radish greens, and cashews with the soaking water, green onions, the herbs, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Puree until a creamy smooth texture is achieved. Keep dressing chilled until ready to serve.
- Wonderful on tender lettuce greens or served as a dip with fresh raw vegetables.